- 13 (number of plusses to the post) = אחד, Achad (One), the magical motto of Charles Stansfeld Jones, Crowley’s heir apparent.
- 667 (from 3,667 followers) = η κοκκινη γυνη (The Scarlet Woman), 1. the title Crowley gave his magical consorts; 2. the neighbor of The Beast.
- 786 (from 3,786 followers) = פון, or PWN transliterated into Hebrew. Pwn is leetspeak slang for totally owning or conquering something.
- 11 (number of plusses) = the number of magick in Crowley’s system.
- 333 (from the time 3:33) is the number of Choronzon from John Dee’s Enochian system.
A word on the “knockout game” is in order. The existence of the game—in which youth sneak up on a random, unsuspecting stranger and hit them as hard as they can in the head in an effort to knock them out—has been hotly contested. Some claim that the prevalence of such attacks has been grossly exaggerated by the media to create hysteria, and that some attacks that have simply been assaults have been mischaracterized as the knockout game all in order to feed a racist narrative. The other side of the argument claims that the liberal media just doesn’t want to accept the truth. At the time I wrote The Billionth Monkey, the news was full of reports, debates and refutations. Read more about the knockout game here and here. Things have quieted down since then, but either way mention of the knockout game—along with other pop culture references in the book—place the story sometime in the early 2010s.
> 786 (from 3,786 followers) = פון, or PWN transliterated into Hebrew. Pwn is leetspeak slang for totally owning or conquering something.ReplyDelete
And PVN: per vas nefandum.
> 333 (from the time 3:33) is the number of Choronzon from John Dee’s Enochian system.
While Coronzon or Coronzom (Dee's handwriting can be hard to decipher sometimes) is from Enochian, the 333 is Crowley's enumeration of it; there is no native gematria in Enochian that we know of.
>And PVN: per vas nefandum.Delete
That's a different kind of game. ;)
You're absolutely correct re 333. It's hard to tell how much detail is necessary for these posts, so thanks for clarifying.